Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fossils, Fossils, Everywhere!

My students and I are currently working feverishly to conclude an interdisciplinary unit on archaeology.  One of my favorite things that we have done so far is compare archaeology to paleontology.  Along the way we  studied 6 different types of fossil formation and created models of each type of fossil.  My kids have had an absolute blast and have learned so much through these activities.  Just thought I would post some pictures for you to see some of our classroom learning fun!  Check out our classroom models of petrified wood...
I will post more pictures as we finish.  Hope these inspire you to get messy and DIG IN for some fossil fun in your own classroom.  For more about these activities, feel free to check out my resource pack, FOSSIL FIND, at my TpT store.  Clicking the link below should take you there.  Happy digging, everyone!
http://classic.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Fossil-Find-Explore-and-Create-6-Types-of-Fossil-Formation

No comments:

Post a Comment