Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Classroom Corner--Exciting New Reading Resources!!!

I am so excited to tell you today about the new Reading with a Purpose resources I recently developed to use with my students.  Independent Reading and Guided Reading are both such important learning times for students, however it can sometimes be difficult to help them stay focused or find topics for mini-lessons.  These bookmarks, posters, and reading logs can be used to aid in your reading instruction.  Similar to Directed Notes, the included bookmarks aid students in focusing during reading time.  The Reading with a Purpose materials in this resource pack focus on the following literature skills and connections:
  • Text to Text
  • Text to Self
  • Text to World
  • Author's Purpose
  • Character Analysis
  • Making Predictions
  • Story Structure
  • Literary Devices
I am so excited to share these resources with you and invite you to see more by clicking the link below at my TpT store.  I am loving using them this year, and so are my students!  There is a free preview you can also download to try them out at TpT.  These resources have been so beneficial to me, and I hope they will be for you as well!!!  I am also working on a companion pack which focuses on reading and writing conventions, so be watching for those as well.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Great-Guided-Independent-Reading-Resources-Reading-with-a-Purpose


No comments:

Post a Comment