Sunday, January 29, 2012

Ministry Minute and the Parenting Place-Bible Verse ABCs (Letter J)

As I think I have shared with you previously, my little ones and I are using the alphabet as inspiration as we learn a new memory verse each week in Children's Church.  I am trying to write down what we do each week in order to have a complete teaching resource to share with you when we are done, but since the verse posters and coloring pictures are already available for you at my TpT site, I thought it might be helpful to share some examples of what we are doing in class each week.  This week we are on letter J--"Jesus said, 'I am the way and the truth and the life."  John 14:6. 
Each week we open the lesson with a visit from our friendly and mischievous puppet friend--Clunky Monkey! 

Clunky usually has some type of prop or object lesson to show the kids which relates to the week's lesson.  This week, he had a red farm truck with paper apples inside.  On each apple was a word--WAY, TRUTH, and LIFE.  In the beginning, Clunky asked the children what a farmer might need a truck for.  Answers varied from carrying things like apples to feeding hay to his animals.  Then, one of my little ones said, "Farmers might need trucks to get from one place over to somewhere else." 

Eureka!  That was the answer I was looking for.  I asked 3 kid volunteers to come and take the labeled apples out of the truck bed.  I shared with the children that just as the farmer needs a "vehicle" to get from place to place, we needed a way to get to God.  Our sin separated us from Him.  Jesus, God's Son, is our vehicle--through belief in Him we can have access to God the Father and one day be with Him in Heaven!  Jesus is the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE!!!

Have a great week!  I am so happy for the life Christ offers us, aren't you?!  :-)

    For more info on these posters and coloring pages if you are interested:


No comments:

Post a Comment