Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Gifted Gab and the Classroom Corner--Guess What We Did Today?

Guess what we did today?  We finished our volcano models--next week, let the "explosions" begin.  Just one of the fun and fabulous reasons I love my job!  Students did research and learned some fascinating things along the way.  Like did you know that Mauna Loa in Hawaii is the world's largest shield volcano?  Or that its name means long mountain?  I think part of the fun of teaching is learning along with my students!
 
 
We also read a great Hawaiian tale entitled Dear Katie, the Volcano Is a Girl! 
Want to encourage your students to explore our AMAZING 50 states?  If so, you will love my research unit "Let's Go!" shown below.  Ahhhhh, wouldn't it be nice to be in Hawaii right about now...but alas, not on this teacher's salary ;-)  Have a great night!  Shannon
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment