Sunday, June 2, 2013

Memorial Day and More...

Hi!  Long time, no post, huh?!  Mimi and I both were out of town for Memorial Day, but want to take a minute to wish you all a very happy belated Memorial Day!  We cannot say thank you enough to so many who have given so much to preserve our freedoms in the USA!!!

  
Our Memorial Day was spent with family at the lake, and unfortunately did include a battle with a water snake--ewwwww!  Thank goodness for my dad, Kevin, a shovel, and a pontoon boat!
    
 
I also have been busy moving classrooms.  We even had to rent a UHAUL to move all of the stuff I have accumulated over 17 years of teaching!!!  Next year I will be teaching at a new school in a new grade level.  I hope to be able to share more later, but God has been so faithful to open new doors for our family!  I am profoundly grateful and incredibly excited about all that He has in store!  The good news is that we are all excited about the move, the bad news is that my house and garage have been completely taken over by school supplies as well as with preparations for next week's Vacation Bible School at church.  

And even as I type, my 2 boys are setting up a blanket and pillow fort in the living room...........ahhhhh, Calgon or Pinterest, take me away! ;-)


Today I also wanted to take a minute to wish 2 very special men in my life a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  My nephew William is turning 7 today, and my dad (AKA Poppy) is celebrating his 61st!  I am so thankful for them both!

One more thing...a dear friend, Lauren, is currently doing mission work in the Ukraine.  Won't you join me in praying for her ministry there? 
My Photo 

Thanks so much for checking in!  Hope your June is just perfect!!!!  Shannon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment