Wednesday, January 14, 2015

He has compassion...

Our pastor challenged us a few Sundays ago to be disciplined about getting into the Word in 2015. I have been doing my best to dig into my Bible, but in humility, let me fully admit I have certainly not been perfect.  I HAVE enjoyed each day when I have stopped long enough to take a deep breath and soak in a few moments with God's truth!!!

The boys went to a basketball game last night so I had a few moments to myself in between laundry, dishes, and bathroom duty.  I have been reading in the New Testament Gospel of Matthew, and last night I found myself in chapter 9.
I had to smile to myself when I stumbled upon this verse in my reading in Matthew. It made my heart smile...Even if we're weary and worn out, He has compassion!!!♥  "Matthew 9:36 When He saw the crowds, He felt compassion for them, because they were weary and worn out, like sheep without a shepherd."
Isn't that such a beautiful word picture?  Us with our stumbling and bumbling weariness, and Jesus looking at us with compassion!  So thankful for this gentle and sweet reminder!  Hope it blesses you as well!  Shannon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment