Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Oh, Baby, It's Cold Outside!

Hi, winter friends!  No snow here today in our part of GA, but BRRRRRRR!  I had to go the dentist bright and early this morning and was so thankful for the seat warmers in my car!!!!!  

In honor of these winter temps that continue to hang around, (even though our GA groundhog said spring was coming!) I thought I would share with you what my students are doing this week.  We are continuing our super-fun unit on polar regions...


For the last couple of weeks, students have been busy researching and designing Power Point presentations about polar animals of their choice.  I have been amazed at their creativity...we have projects on everything from narwhals to penguins, krill to beluga whales!


Tomorrow is the day they have all been waiting for...the day they get to stand in front of the SMARTboard and share their research.  They are so excited!  I snuck a peek at some of their presentations before our Presidents' Day holidays, and I was blown away!  

Their background, pictures, and even videos are AMAZING!  Here is just one fun example.  Guess we'll be doing the penguin dance with someone tomorrow!


As my students share, we also use listening guides like the one shown.  These help students stay focused during the presentations, as well as share their favorite parts/facts from each report.  

Interested in seeing more?  The link to my complete unit is included here...
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Polar-Regions-An-Exciting-Expedition-to-the-Arctic-and-Antarctic-1643381.  Hope your family stays safe and warm!  

Blessings, Shannon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment