Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A few tidbits for you today...

Whew...it is definitely busy here in middle GA!  With school, scouts, soccer, and more, we are running at maximum speed in my family!  Combine that with learning to use my new SMARTboard, and I barely have a spare moment.  I did, however, want to share 2 quick tidbits with you...

I am reading the book The End of Molasses Classes by Ron Clark.  If you haven't read it, I would totally encourage you to.  These are just a few of my favorite take-aways so far from the book:
1) Teach children to believe in themselves and don't destroy the dream!
2) Push yourself to be innovative beyond your imagination!
3) Don't let opportunities pass you by, even if time, funding, and circumstances aren't completely right.  Don't give up...make it happen!
Through the pages of this book, I truly felt myself being re-energized and excited about things that lie ahead in the coming year!  This is an easy yet thought-provoking read, and I would recommend you reading it personally or with your teaching team!

Secondly, I wanted to thank all of you who have been praying for my teacher friend Amy's son, Aden, who suffered a massive brain bleed a few weeks ago.  He is truly a miracle.  Keep praying for him as they move him to a rehab facility for further treatment.

You know, life is short and time is precious!  There are so many ways we can get bogged down in the little, mundane parts of life and of teaching.  I want to challenge and encourage you this year--whether you are a teacher, administrator, or home school mom--to find the joy in every moment!  Memories are priceless, and this is the 1 life we get--let's make the most of it this school year!  Hope you have a great one!  Shannon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment