Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ministry Minute and the Parenting Place--Alphabet Letter N

This week's letter was N and our corresponding Scripture came from Hebrews 11:1--"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."
Today our puppet friend Clunky brought me a gift, because I have had a yucky cold.  The children and I talked about what it means to "hope" for things.  We also talked about how Clunky told me there was a gift in the bag, and I believed him because I had faith that he was telling me the truth. 
In the same way we can have faith in God, even when we cannot see Him, even when things are tough, even when we do not feel like He is near...God is real, and we can place our trust in Him!  I had the children recite the N verse with me after singing our version of the ABC song.  We also colored our corresponding N coloring sheet for take home verse practice.
And of course Clunky did have a gift for me--a brand new puppet friend for our SPARK Children's Church room!  Sadie poses here with our puppet friends--Clunky Monkey and Cletus the Camel!  Be blessed and have a great week!  Shannon :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment