Friday, August 17, 2012

Gifted Gab and the Classroom Corner...a Quick Tip!

Hi, everyone!  So glad it is Friday!  Whew, it has been a great week, but can I just say that today my feet hurt?! :-) 

Anyway, if you saw my post earlier in the week, you read that my students were writing class books based on the If You Give series of books by Numeroff. 
I am always perplexed about how best to bind and display class books.  My students LOVE reading them, but whether I try brads or the book binding machine, our class writing pieces always seem to fall apart.

I have decided this year to try binding in binders.  I can easily stand these up to display in the classroom, and by laminating various stories on differing colors of construction paper, I am able to store more than one story in each binder.  Maybe this simple tip will help you as well.  Below is a snapshot of the binder cover I made...


 and also a pic of the first page...



I shared earlier in the week about the story that we wrote entitled, If You Give a Student a Box of Crayons
But I also wanted to share a glimpse of the book written by my Thursday class, If You Give a Student $200.  Notice that the first story was mounted on red, and the second on green for quick and easy reference.


This page has to be one of my absolute favorites.  "If you give a student $200, he will probably pass out from all of the excitement."  Notice the adorable illustration! :-)  I love my job!!!


One last thing, if you have not already liked my Facebook page, I would encourage you to do so.  I have a HUGE GIVEAWAY planned when we reach 100 LIKES.  Have a fabulous Friday night!  Shannon :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment