Monday, August 19, 2013

It's Time again for Monday Moments with Mimi!

Hi!  After enjoying a summer break, Mimi is back to inspire us for another school year!  I hope you are blessed by today's guest post and remember to check back often for Mimi's reflections and stories.  Hope your Monday has been marvelous!  Shannon :-)


Strumming Softly

For openers, let me begin by saying how very glad I am to be back sharing my simple thoughts with you about my less than simple life!!! I sincerely hope your summer hours have openly reaped the rewards of time well spent with friends, family, and fun times! 

 School has now begun in our hometown, and I can state unequivocally that changes are peeking over the horizon for my entire family!!! Not just with the onset of a brand new school year for all the grandkids, but with life-changing decisions for both of my girls and each of their families.  These changes sweetly bring excitement mingled with anticipation...from decorating a new home to teaching in a new school.  All is good, but much is different!!!!

Isn’t it funny how we think that there will be a magical moment when life changes such as these will no longer bring anxiety?  Or better yet, a magical age when we will at last be able to hold the controller of the game of life???  Unfortunately, life is rarely free from anxious moments, and seldom are we allowed to be the keeper of the controller!!! 

 I am reminded that God’s adjustments to our secure lives are preparatory.  While our children enter and progress through school one grade at the time, God progresses us through life one change at the time. What is important, however, is that as we grow and learn at each grade, we learn to dispel some of our own anxiety. 

 A few weeks ago, as I was reflecting about all of the different directions our lives were taking and the adjustments we would soon be making, I received a precious picture of my youngest granddaughter, and I was quickly reminded of where my inner joy and peace comes from--the source of my peace in the midst of the chaos...  


See, in this photo she sits quietly in front of the piano--in spite of  her mom’s very busy, chaotic morning--quietly singing and softly strumming her guitar. She is making her own special music with her own special book. What she has opened in front of her little eyes is the Bible and the peace she has opened within her own little heart is priceless. What a valuable life lesson this was to me!!! 

 So in the meantime, I will continue to pray in the midst of life’s changes.  I too hope that I too can learn to sit awhile quietly, with the Word opened before me, strumming my instrument of praise, and singing softly from my peaceful heart.  Trusting Him, Anne (AKA Mimi) 

No comments:

Post a Comment