Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Ministry Minute and the Parenting Place--Bible Verse Alphabet Letter T

This week in children's church we learned a verse to correlate with the letter T.  Our verse this week was, "Thou shalt not steal" Exodus 20:15.
We were visited by our puppet dalmatian friend, Spot.  Spot was playing excitedly with a new toy car.  I asked Spot where the car came from, and he replied, "From Timmy."  When I asked Spot if Timmy had given the car to him, our puppy friend hung his head sheepishly.  See, it turns out that Spot had taken the car from Timmy's house without asking. :-(
The children and I shared our weekly Bible verse with Spot, and the girls and boys helped me to explain it to him.  Spot disappeared for a bit, and when he came back he was a much happier puppy.  Spot realized that it was wrong to steal, so he had apologized to Timmy and returned the car!
 Although I love our weekly alphabet verses, can I share with you what I love most about Children's Church? 

It is these sweet faces that I get to see every Sunday!  Blessings, Shannon :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment