Sunday, May 20, 2012

Ministry Minute and the Parenting Place--Alphabet Letter U

Happy Sunday, everyone!  Today's Bible verse alphabet letter was U and our verse was, "Unto you, O my strength, will I sing"  Psalm 59:17. 
We were visited by our puppet friend, Penny the Penguin.  Although Penny is a penguin, she isn't as good at singing as her other birdie friends.  We assured Penny that worshipping God isn't about singing with perfect pitch.  It's about praising Him for who He is and all He has done!

Penny talked to the children about how important it is to sing praises to God because He is worthy of our worship.  She also talked to them about how God can be our source of strength and power if we will place our faith in Him.  

In honor of today's verse, the children and I taught Penny a new praise song, "My God Is So Big!"  In case this song is new to you, you can hear a variation of it at the link below:

The words we sang are as follows: (of course, we also made up motions to go with the words) 
My God is so big, so strong and so mighty, 
There's nothing my God cannot do!
My God is so big, so strong and so mighty, 
There's nothing my God cannot do!
The mountains are His, the valleys are His, the stars are His handiwork too! 
My God is so big, so strong and so mighty, 
There's nothing my God cannot do--for you!

The children also colored today's U coloring page as shown here. 
Hope you have a wonderful week!  Blessings, Shannon :-)



Click Here for More from Me!


No comments:

Post a Comment