Sunday, December 16, 2012

Be still...

 
I, like other bloggers, will be joining in a Moment of Silence on our blogs over the next 24 hours in memory of those precious lives lost in Friday's tragedy. 
Thank you, Charlotte, for this beautiful graphic above--the 20 small teardrop hearts represent the children lost, and the larger hearts for the adult victims.
 
As a parent and teacher, I have agonized and still wrestle with how to absorb this tragedy.  Any teacher knows the profound love for and connection we share with our students.  I am moved to tears reflecting on the lives of those school personnel who acted selflessly on behalf of their students!
 
For the parents and siblings, I cannot even begin to imagine the pain and loss felt--particularly during this time of year!  Our family's prayers will continue to be with them over the days and weeks to come!  Heartbreaking...
 
And thinking of these precious little ones...there just aren't words...gut wrenching...
 
My only peace is in clinging to my faith and to my family in these moments.  I am reminded of a verse that has come to mean a great deal to me over the last 4 years, Psalm 34:4--"I sought the Lord and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears." 
 
These are difficult days for all of us. I myself am not even sure what Monday will look like as I cross back through the doors of my own elementary school.
 
We will certainly never be the same.  My prayer is that we will all find a way to rally around what is good and right, and against that which is evil and destructive...for all of our sakes, and especially for the sakes of our precious children!  
 
Please join me in praying for this community, but also for teachers, students, and families everywhere.  1 Timothy 4:10, "We put our trust in the Living God."
Shannon    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment