Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Gifted Gab and the Classroom Corner--Goodies for Groundhog's Day!

Hi!  I don't know who is more excited about the coming of spring--me or the groundhog?  I love this time of year and just thought I would share a couple of enrichment activities I have used in my classroom this week as Groundhog's Day approaches.

To build critical thinking skills, my students used clues to helped Gabby the Gregarious Groundhog decode her mystery picture.  This activity, as well as many, many more brain-building favorites may be found at the link below.


As you probably predicted, our Gabby the Gregarious Groundhog adventure led to a lesson on the vocabulary word gregarious.  In my room we love learning "college" words, so below is a picture of how I introduced the word gregarious to my students by linking it to a memory picture of Greg, as well as a photo of what we do with our weekly college word.  This is a great way to improve student writing and reading comprehension!

Interested in adding more higher level vocabulary instruction into your classroom?  Below is a link to even more of my vocabulary resources.

Happy Groundhog's Day, everyone!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment