Monday, October 13, 2014

Back from the Brink...

Well, it happened!  Last week I opened my lap top to find that only my backlight would come on--nothing else.  No windows screen, no start up attempt!  

So I did what we all do when we have a problem...I googled the symptoms!  WRONG DECISION!  I found post after post about the "black screen of death."  Nothing encouraging...only doom and gloom! I must have tried turning my lap top on and off 1,000 times, but nothing worked.  

As you can potentially imagine, I wanted to shed huge crocodile tears over all the work on my lap top...some of it not backed up on a jump drive or an external hard drive...terrible, I know!

So I put the lap top away.  My usual habit is to pull it out after the kids are in bed every night to do some work on curriculum, my teacher stores, blogging, FB.  But not last week!  I did absolutely nothing techy-related.  I read a book, went to 4 football games and the fair with my parents, hosted my sister's family from out of town, unplugged...and prayed.

Sure enough, I got my lap top out of the case this weekend and asked my husband to take a look at it.  What do you know?  It fired right up, and here I sit typing on it.  Guess it was divinely appointed for me to unplug from working overtime and to intentionally plug into my life this week.  

Lessons to me...back up my files and plug into my life more often!!!  Hope you have a great week!  

Also, sales news found below!  Who doesn't love saving???  Enjoy your week!  Shannon :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment