Sunday, April 22, 2012

Ministry Minute and the Parenting Place--Bible Verse Letter R...

"Rejoice in the Lord always!"  Psalm 33:1 was our memory verse focus in Children's Church this week.  We learned a new chorus to accompany this verse and sang together during our Kidz Praise and Worship Time.  The link to this chorus may be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMKDfV0O2PI if you are not already familiar with this song.  Mrs. Cullen does a great job teaching it here on You Tube in a kid-friendly way.

Today we were paid a visit by Spotty the Dog during Puppet Time.  We "rejoiced" to meet a new friend and to have the chance to tell Spotty about the Lord. 

The kids and I discussed what it means to "rejoice always."  I asked my little ones to share a few reasons that we can rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS.  Below are just a few of their responses:
1) He made us!
2) He died on the cross for us!
3) He can come and live in our hearts!

After saying our verse and singing our version of the ABC Song, the children were off to color their letter R coloring page.  On the back each child drew a reason that they could rejoice in the Lord today.  For example, one little boy drew his parents and said, "I am so glad the Lord gave me my mom and dad.  Having them gives me joy!"  

This lesson was a great reminder to me as an adult to praise continuously the Lord and rejoice in Him.  Despite my stress or momentary circumstances, I should be mindful to take joy in the God of my salvation.  Rejoicing in Him and praying you have a great week, everyone!  God bless!  Shannon :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment