Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ministry Minute and the Parenting Place--What Really Counts...

Hi!  A bit of happy news to share--our baby girl turned 5 yesterday!  I can hardly believe it...where does the time go?!  At 11 days old, she was in the hospital with a profound kidney infection and anxious parents; now she is the light of our family and the apple of her big brothers' eyes.  God is truly good, and His mercies are new every morning!

The older my children get, the more I find myself wanting to make the most of every moment and trying to squeeze the best out of every second!  Unfortunately, the busy-ness of life and school and church can crowd out the quality time I also need to be spending with my children and husband.  A precious teacher that I work with shared the following article with me from powerofmoms.com.  I hope it blesses and encourages you--it certainly did me! 

If you have time, please follow the link provided to the article "Your Children Want YOU!"  http://powerofmoms.com/2012/04/your-children-want-you/. I think you will be glad you did!  My favorite takeaway from this post by April Perry was, "At the end of the day, our children don’t want a discouraged, stressed-out mom who is wishing she were someone else. If you ever find yourself looking in the mirror at a woman who feels badly that she hasn’t yet made flower-shaped soap, please offer her this helpful reminder: 'Your children want you!'”  Hope you have a very Happy Friday!!!!  Blessings!  Shannon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment