Wednesday, July 23, 2014

It's the Little Things in Life...

It's the little things in life that bring us joy...right???  Well, tonight I am joyful because of the new look of my blog!!!  Argyle background and adorable new clip art...the things that thrill this mama/teacher's soul!!!  LOL  I am sooooooo excited!!!

Besides changing the look of my blog, it has been a busy, fun-filled 24 hours around here!  Our middle child celebrated his 11th birthday with a trip to watch the Bravoes play in the ATL!  We ended up losing 6-5, but whew, what an 8th inning!  We clapped, we cheered, we wore our rally caps, and we did the Tomahawk chop, but alas, the Braves fell to the Marlins in spite of all of our encouragement.  All is not lost...Freddie Freeman's catch did make the highlight reel on Sportsnation today, which was AWESOME according to my 9th grader!  Here are just a few pics of our fun!  And please note the blue and red hair...we did that in the parking lot before the game LOL!
  

          

For those of you that live in the Peach State like me, my kiddoes got their tickets FREE for doing summer reading at our local library.  Find out more here:  http://atlanta.braves.mlb.com/atl/community/reading_program.jsp.

In all seriousness, I also wanted to share with you a bit of encouragement.  Summer offers me the chance to do something that I don't do quite as much of during the school year--READ!  I came across this today while reading The Story by Max Lucado.  I wanted to share in case there was someone like me who needed to remember this word of truth during this 4th week of July:

Yet, this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; 
great is Your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for Him."

It is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the Lord (Lamentations 3) 

Blessings to you and yours!  Shannon :)



No comments:

Post a Comment