Monday, July 28, 2014

Open House Ideas and More...

As the school year approaches for me, I have been making a list of things to do prior to open house...ideas like reworking my brochure/welcome packet for my parents to outline the year, learning goals, behavior plan and expectations, etc...stringing tissue paper pom poms above of my table groups...
http://the-collectiveonline.com/diy-tissue-paper-flower-pom-poms/
painting a chalkboard and bulletin board for use with our Science and Social Studies units (more pics to come in a later post)...reworking some curriculum ideas and word wall words...lots to do to keep my brain busy as the summer winds down and make my classroom a warm and inviting place for students, parents, and ME!  I am sure you are busy with your own "to do" list for back to school as well!!!  

In addition to the tissue paper pom pom tutorial I shared above, I also wanted to share a pic with you that I pinned on Pinterest and came from a fellow teacher's blog.  Definitely want to make these adorable "selfies" with my 4th graders to display for open house!  Don't you just LOVE?!  
http://luckylittlelearners.blogspot.ca/2013/12/any-other-ig-lovers-out-there.html 
Yesterday at church our middle school pastor shared about living a life of significance...choosing things that matter over things that are superficial or fleeting.  That is my prayer every year as another teaching year approaches.  It reminds me of the quote by Henry Brooks Adams, "A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops."  Praying for you all, dear friends, as you rush to work in your rooms now and impact your learners forever!  Peace, love, and teaching, Shannon :-)

1 comment:

  1. I feel very grateful that I read this. It is very helpful and very informative and I really learned a lot from it.

    SolitaireOnline.io
    KrunkerioGame.Com
    TetrisOnline.io

    ReplyDelete