Sunday, September 2, 2012

Ministry Minute and the Parenting Place--Fruit of the Spirit: Peace

Today was Day 3 of our study of the Fruit of the Spirit found in Galatians 5:22-23.  In previous lessons we were introduced to Loving Lucy and Joyful Johnny.  Today we met Peaceful Polly.  How is she so peaceful?  Because she trusts the Lord, even when she feels afraid!
 
 
After prayer requests and praise and worship time, it was time to be visited by our good puppet friend, Clunky Monkey.  Clunky arrived singing Row, Row, Row Your Boat.  I told Clunky that his simple song reminded me of today's Bible lesson about peace in Mark 4.
 
 
The children gathered on our story carpet, and we sang our Fruit of the Spirit song together. 
 
 
 Then we used our classroom felt board to retell the New Testament story of when Jesus calmed the wind and waves.  Jesus said, "Peace, be still!" and the storm ceased. 
 
The Prince of Peace can speak peace into our situations, no matter what we are facing.  My children shared examples of times when they had felt fear and been comforted by the Lord.  Whether scared by a thunderstorm or worried when a loved one was in the hospital, my little ones testified to times when God had given them peace! 
 
 
We then transitioned to our tables while singing Row, Row, Row Your Boat together.  There the children colored their pictures of both Peaceful Polly and a picture to reinforce our Bible story.  A great coloring picture of Jesus calming the storm can be found at http://www.sermons4kids.com/jesus-calms-storm-colorpg.htm.  I copied these pages front and back for my little ones.
 
 
I hope that you feel the Lord's peace as you go throughout the week. I love the promise of peace found in Matthew 11:28-30, "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gently and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Blessings, Shannon :-)
 
PS-If you are interested in these resources, you can find them at both TpT and Teachers Notebook. 
 
TpT:



Teachers Notebook:



 
 



 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment