Saturday, October 27, 2012

Gifted Gab and the Classroom Corner--A Web Game for Your Weekend

This weekend's web game for you comes from the web site I mentioned to you last week:  Cool Math!  It is another web game that we absolutely love!
As a part of our 7 Wonders of the Ancient World unit shown below, my students participated in a number of games in honor of Ancient Greek Olypians. 
 
You will see here our scorecard that I kept in class and examples of the medals my students were awarded after playing in the games, including today's. 
  
One of the classroom challenges we completed was to see how FIT my students were by playing the critical thinking game of PHIT!
 
During our computer lab time, students all logged on to the game of PHIT.  They then worked to reach the highest level of the game possible by maneuvering shapes to fit in a given yellow box.  Of course, the winners were awarded classroom medals for their mental "PHITness"--gold, silver, and bronze!  We had a blast, and I hope you will check this web game out with your little ones!  Have a super weekend!  Shannon :-)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment